template

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A bit of a break from school prep.

I had to take a little break from all of my school prep to get a little sewing done.  I have been working on valances for the bedrooms in our North Carolina house. 
Striped Valance is for my older sons bedroom, blue batik for the master and crazy green, orange and yellow is for my younger sons creamsicle room.
I'm excited to get down there again, haven't been since April.  We will spend two weeks there painting, doing yard work, golfing and a myriad of other things.  I'll have limited internet access so I'm a bit worried all of the fun blogs I follow will have a lot of posts but I'm excited to spend some time getting my labels ready for Math and Literacy workstations, updating my ABC's of kindergarten and getting things ready to go come September.  I'll post those as soon as we return.

We were also able to spend some time these last few days with my mom and sister.  They came on Wednesday this week and we were able to watch my older son in a golf tournament.
It's been so hot here we were a little concerned with spending that much time in the sun but we lucked out and it was cloudy most of his round which kept the temps down.

On a school note I did finish my storage crates this week as well thanks to the blogs who posted the pattern.  I'll take pictures when I get them placed in my classroom.  It's almost August and I'm itching to get back in it but the building is under construction and we aren't allowed in until the 29th of August. The NC trip will be good for me because I'll know when I'm there I can't be in my classroom.

Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas that have been posted on all of the excellent teaching blogs, I hope to share some of my teacher made items soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment