template

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Our first full week of school is in the books

We have finished our first full week of school and it was a busy, jam packed week.  We spent a lot of time learning routines and practicing these routines (Mrs. Bauer needs to remind herself to go slow to go fast at this time of the year).  The letter A was introduced and we did lots of fun things to learn it.  With every new letter we learn the class completes a letter book, lots of handwriting practice, and an A is for page which I make into a class book.  So sorry I don't have more pictures there was just not enough time to snap any.
We also spent a lot of time working on our names and will continue to do so until classmates learn each other's name.  Thank you to Mrs. Lee's Kinderkids for the cute name measuring activity last week.  I changed it a bit since I wasn't ready to bring out bingo dabbers yet, so the kids made their name in our rainbow letter fashion (writing it 3 times with 3 different crayons).  They really enjoyed measuring their names and comparing with friends.
Measuring our names with cubes.

We also started our Watch me Grow book, once again thank you to my fellow teacher bloggers in particular Mrs. Parker this book has had a facelift.  I've always done a Watch me Grow book but Mrs. Parker add  a space for the kids to add some writing as we go through the year.
It seems the weeks fly by and soon my kinders will know the routine and be learning more new things.  I'll post more on growth as global learners when we begin more of our IB units.

1 comment:

  1. I love the measuring activity...what a cute way to work on counting and their names! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete