template

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wow, I never thought I'd receive a blogger award

What a surprise to come back from vacation and find two very kind bloggers who nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.  I was inspired by the many great bloggers out there this summer to create my own blog.  My original thought was to use it as a communication tool for parents to start with and then hopefully add some of my own creations to share.  I'm not always really good about posting but do my best with a busy schedule.  So anyway thank you to Mrs Unger of Mrs. Unger's Kinders and Louanne of My Kinder Kids for nominating me.


Now on to the blog award rules:

1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.

2. Tell 7 things about yourself. (see below)

3. Pass this award onto 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they've received an award.




Seven Interesting things about me:
1. I was a recreational therapist in my first career, before going back to school for teaching, then taught 14 years as a preschool special educator prior to becoming a kindergarten teacher.

2. I'm originally from Wisconsin but dear hubby and I have lived in Michigan for 21 years.  We are looking forward to moving permanently to our lake house in North Carolina in the next two years.  Hopefully we'll both be able to find jobs.

3. I am a mom to 2 teenage boys who keep me running all over the place.

4. I am an avid Wisconsin Badger and Green Bay Packer fan (even though I live in Michigan) and have raised my boys to cheer for those teams as well.

5. I love to read.  I have so many books on my kindle I'm not sure if I'll ever get to them.

6. My other passion is quilting, it keeps my brain sharp and not thinking of school stuff for a little bit, unfortunately I do most of it during the summer.

7. I love trying new things and have learned many wonderful things from many fabulous teachers.

15 new blogs for me:  Wow this was hard, some of these blogs may have been around for awhile but they are new to me.


Now I'm going to cheat a bit and add my very favorite blogs which might be new to some of you.



    1 comment:

    1. You have a terrific site here! I am so glad I found it and I am your newest follower!
      Come see me too!
      ~jeannie~
      ­ Kindergarten Lifestyle

      ReplyDelete